Welcome to Kiel!
A cordial welcome in Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein’s Capital situated by the Baltic Sea! This site gives you an overview of the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutritional Science and the courses offered at the Faculty. The departmental coordinator at the Institute of Agricultural Economics is Thomas Bittmann.
The web page of the Faculty’s examination office can be found here.
The Faculty of Agricultural and Nutitional Sciences
The Christian-Albrechts-Universität is composed of eight Faculties, one of them being the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences . The Faculty itself consists of ten departments (Institute):
- Institute of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science
- Institute of Crop Science and Plant Breeding
- Institute of Phytopathology
- Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology
- Institute of Animal Breeding and Husbandry
- Institute of Agricultural Engineering
- Institute of Agricultural Economics
- Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science
- Institute of Food Economics and Consumption Studies
- Institut für Natur- und Ressourcenschutz
For you as Agricultural Economists, the courses of the Institute of Agricultural Economics should be of the highest interest. However, usually all courses of the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences are open to our guest students. Please contact us, if you weren’t allowed into a course by a lecturer! We will then try to find a solution for you!
You find an overview of all courses of our Bachelor and Master programmes here. Unfortunately, the linked page is available in German only. You will find all courses in the bottom part of the linked page. These courses are categorized into seven groups:
- AEF-agr: Courses in Agricultural Science (Bachelor and Master)
- AEF-eg: Courses in Nutritional and Consumer Economics (Master)
- AEF-el: Courses in Nutritional and Food Science (Master)
- AEF-ök: Courses in Nutritional Science (Bachelor)
- Sonstige: Others
The two remaining categories refer to various international Master programmes offered by our Faculty.
For a better overview, we extracted lists of all English courses for you here.
Agricultural Sciences (Bachelor and Master)
|Methods for Breeding Field Crops||Prof. Dr. C. Jung||Winter||Master|
|Grazing systems for dairy cattle in Europe||Prof. Dr. F. Taube||Winter||Master|
|Intergrated Management of River Basins||Prof. Dr. N. Fohrer||Winter||Master|
|Cross- Cultural Marketing||Prof. Dr. Orth||Winter||Bachelor|
|Econometric Production and Efficency Analysis||Prof. Dr. Abdulai||Summer||Master|
|Intergrated Management of Rural & Woodland Regions||Prof. Dr. T. Dietkötter||Summer||Master|
|Econometric Production and Efficency Analysis for Agricultural and food Economists||N.N.||Summer||Master|
|Consumer Psychology in Agri- and Food Business||Prof. Dr. Orth||Summer||Master|
Nutritional Sciences (Bachelor and Master)
|Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics||Prof. Dr. F. Döring||Winter||Master|
|Nutrition and the Immune System||Jun Prof. Dr. A. Wagner||Wi&Su||Master|
You are also allowed to participate in all courses of the Master programme ‘Environmental Management’. All courses are in English. Further information can be found here.